...Christmas lists! If my vet offers gift certificates, I could certainly use those. In checking my little herd today, I discovered that one of my bucks has a scur that is bending over and pressing into his skull. He'll need to be re-disbudded ASAP. My doe that had to be disbudded 3 times already needs it again. My vet advised me to wait and see if she was really going to have horns or just scurs before putting her through that again, and sure enough, they're horns. My other buck has scurs galore, but they're smaller and he breaks them off frequently. It can't feel good, and he really should be done again, but I don't relish the thought of having to do it. Proper disbudding was supposed to be part of the deal in purchasing these goats. I'm seriously considering the procedure of making an incision on any newborn goat kids and popping the hornbud off at birth for any kids born here. If I don't do that, I'll pay the money to have the vet disbud them. She did a beautiful job with Hully.
Then there are the dogs. They recently had their first heat and I'm fairly certain that the neighbor dog welcomed their unlady-like advances. I need to get them spayed ASAP, but that's not cheap, either. I don't know what I'd do with 20 some mutt puppies between the two of them!
Then, there is blood testing for my goats. 5 goats at $90 a piece for all the initial tests I want to have run. I wish I calculated these expenses long ago!
Other than that, we're all surviving. Everyone has this cold still. David got it most recently and sounds awful. My morning sickness hasn't been terribly kind lately. I'm at the, "I'm never doing this again!" stage... I know. I know. It really is worth it for another precious little immortal soul. I'm being pitiful, and need to keep my mouth shut about it. Y'all can pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment