Friday, June 27, 2008

Doctor Visit Statistics

Today we saw the doctor for well visits. Even though Samuel's well visit was a couple months ago, we took measurements of him, too. Here they are!

Samuel: 46 inches, 53 pounds

Shiphrah: 41.5 inches, 42 pounds

Solomon: 35 inches, 32 pounds

They are too big. My dad used to tell me he was going to tie a brick to my head to keep me from growing up. I never thought that was a good idea--until now.

2 comments:

Selena said...

Billie,
My dad would say "growing like weeds" and it sound like all the little Hallmans are doing just that!

I must tell you that it tires me out to just read your blog. Keeping track of all the farm animals and going-ons reminds me of my formative years. It is not the life I wanted to live after growing up in it but it is a good, wholesome, honest living that many children know nothing about.

I love all this new knowledge you are acquiring. I told my dad about the hay and he said "Smart girl and goats...she'll know next time. Bet that Billy was a man and thought he could dupe 'em". When asked if he would have done the same, he assured me that he wouldn't but that he also wouldn't be selling any hay after last year's situation. Couldn't find any, shipped in from places at an outrageous price, and cattle having to be sold off in droves at low prices. Farming can be tough but you always sleep well and wake refreshed when you have done a wonderful day's work.

Rest this weekend and hope that you get some rain for the garden!

Billie said...

I was a little hesitant when I saw the hay, knowing what my girls like and don't out of the first cutting alfalfa. But I'd heard that there was nothing to be found anywhere and I'd rather pay $4 a bail for garbage than $8 a bail for garbage. He happened to have $4 a bail stuff. We'll see if I can get him to sell me first cutting next year, and next year, I'll go look at it before I agree to buy it. It's just too bad that you have to have a ridiculously large tractor to pull a hay bailer! And that alfalfa is so tough to grow. We'd be growing some, otherwise.

I do have more bug bites and poison oak than before I spent so much time outside. I look forward to being able to have milk w/o the half hour drive to Gallatin, shopping, and half hour drive back, though.

Thank you for all the goodies yesterday! We're having fun going through them!