Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ladder Wimp

Hello again! It has been a busy weekend, and I'm finally back to writing a bit here. We had a wonderful Sunday worshiping and spending loads of time with our church family. Yesterday, we visited our goat babies and the girls are getting so big! Jarlath is a sweetie and I got to hold him and just cuddle a while. He has a great new picture with his sister on http://www.standingstonenubians.com/ under "Kids." Samuel, Shiphrah, and Solomon love picking fresh leaves to feed the goats, and I fear that may result in a nasty poison oak rash in a couple of days!
Today I worked on the barn some. This is where the title of my post comes from. I am finding that I do just fine while climbing the ladder to get to the hay loft, but I don't like standing on the ladder to work. I'm a ladder wimp. So all I accomplished today on the barn was stuff I could do from the hay loft. The few tidbits that required a ladder? David came to my rescue! (He was home today working on a paper.) There is still more to do from the loft, so I have a while before I have to build myself some stilts. :) Or start writing David's papers for him! (HA!) Here are the photos:

And what do the kiddos do while I'm building? Well, potting soil in a large planter makes a great sand box! Of course, the plants just add to the fun. (So much for that garlic!) Chunks of freshly cut lumber (with all the splinters attached) make great blocks, swords, knives, etc. Then there are the bikes and other ride-on toys. But I wouldn't be completely honest if I said I was above popping in a movie, particularly when David's home writing a paper! Peter Pan is a favorite right now. The boys love all the sword fights, and Shiphrah loves Wendy! (I'm glad she's taken to Wendy rather than that horrid Tinker Bell! Or worse yet, those mermaids!) Movies are an easy transition to nap time when I'm 10 feet in the air!

No comments: