Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Tuesday

Jarlath is home, and so far, so good! Tripoli had gone hoarse yelling for his buddy, so they are both happy campers once again. We'll continue to keep an eye on Jarlath's head, but when I picked him up it was nice and clean and is now draining with a good color. I put some extra penicillin in the wound to help it along. The vet told me when I went to get him that he had been so quiet during his stay that she thought perhaps one of the techs took him out to the back barn. She knew he was in the kennel when we drove up, and he heard my voice. He started yelling, "MAAAA!" Jesus said that His sheep know His voice. Some of those agricultural pictures in the Bible really come to life when you get a few animals and start putting some seeds in the ground! My goats know my voice pretty well, too!

We got 7 eggs today that I knew of, and then Samuel found another 5 (2 were cracked) in a location other than the nest box! For the past 2 days, the chickens have been expanding their horizons a bit, and the eggs all sunk in a glass of water, so they're still fresh and probably from yesterday and today. Looks like I'll be on an egg hunt, though, on days other than Easter!

So, other than being bone-chilling cold, it was a good day. We had good music practices and I think David did a bunch of laundry for me while I was napping!

No comments: