I certainly am glad that David is willing to have a working vacation! Lots of things have been done in the past couple days! Yesterday, David ran errands while I stayed and tended goats, got caught up on laundry, got the house cleaned, and all that normally goes on here. David got the tires fixed, a 1/4 size violin for Samuel, picked up feed for the bucks, and made another Walmart run (because I'm not organized enough to have remembered everything the day before!)
In the library, I finished caulking the baseboards and David gave all the trim and walls another coat of paint. I'm glad I got the easiest part of this project! Today, we moved books into the library. They're not organized on shelves or anything yet, just in here. Yup, I said, "In here," which means that the computer and desk are also in here! Woo Hoo!!!! :) All the bookshelves are in, also, but we now have the monumental task of reorganizing them, and probably culling a few. The rest of the house will get put back in order, too, and we'll do that before the books.
David discovered the hiding spot where the chickens have been laying their eggs.... under our back porch! They had to be raked out (about 15 or so of them!) and he is making small fences around the sides of the back porches so the chickens can't do that anymore! We took the baby goats out for a walk today. They had fun and we got some cute pictures, but I have to find the cable that will connect the camera to the computer before I can share any!
I cleaned up the feed room in the barn, and David brought the milkstand in there so that we could milk Jill even when the weather is bad. We don't intend to take milk from her for home use yet, but right now, her kids are still learning how to nurse, and they prefer one side to another. If they were really good at it, I could just tape the teat they're using, but since they're still learning, I don't want to discourage them. I cleaned up the feed room and organized things in there a bit and then Samuel helped me milk the side of Jill's udder that is engorged and not getting any relief. He held her back feet so she didn't step in the milk bucket or kick it over. I'm certain he got quite a workout! I didn't milk her out completely--just enough to even that half of the udder up with the other half. I got half a gallon! Half a gallon out of half an udder and not even completely milking it out!
That's about it for now. Dressers and train tables and whatnot are calling my name!
No comments:
Post a Comment