This morning, David came home after getting TCAPs started at school so he could watch the kiddos while I ran to my doctor appointment.
I am at the 36 week mark. My iron is low--only 30 and it needs to be at least 36. I had been feeling anemic lately so I'm not surprised. I did have to ask them to check, though, because they wouldn't have since my iron had been fine previously. So, I'll be shoveling in the red meat, leafy greens, and seeing if I can pick up some floragen. Maybe then, I won't feel quite so short on oxygen all the time. It would be nice for breathing to not be the chore that it has been! This also might explain my craving for oranges. I'm easily eating 20 pounds of them a week now, and Vitamin C aids in iron absorbtion. Maybe I won't be quite so tired all the time, either, if I can get my iron up.
There was protein in my urine again. Since this is the 2nd time, he had them pull blood to check for toxemia. My blood pressure is good and my weight gain is fine. The protein levels are low, but just to be on the safe side... They also did my Group B strep screening today. They said that no news is good news, so if I don't hear from them in a couple days, everything should be just hunky dory.
From this point on, I have to go once a week and they also have to check my cervix for dilation each time. Not fun. Today I was about 1.5 cm dilated. That's a little early for me, but this is baby #4. So, now I'm cramping. That's not fun, either. I think I'll make the rest of my appointments for as late in the day as possible so I will get to go to bed soon after!
Now David is on his way back to work but not for long because I have to take the baby goats to the vet this afternoon. He'll come home and watch the kids again while I take the goats and get them disbudded and tatooed. Well, I'll be doing the tatooing, but taking advantage of the sedatives they'll have for the disbudding! Most goat breeders do this without sedatives at home by themselves, but I'm not that brave yet. I think pregnancy gives me a good excuse, too!
Per the doctor's suggestion, I also picked up some hand and wrist splints for the Carpal Tunnel I've had lately... combination of milking and pregnancy... They feel so good! I look forward to sleeping in them!
Just one more doe to kid this week, and then Shiloh can come any ole' time she likes! I'm ready to be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment