This morning, I awoke to quickly finish up the tasks that I really should have had done last night but didn't have the energy to stay awake and do... unload the dishwasher, fold the clothes out of the dryer... As I was having my breakfast, Solomon came to me sneezing up a storm and wiping his nose constantly. I hate when I give the kiddos my cold! So he and I shared an early morning breakfast, and then I went out to do barn chores.
April showers may bring May flowers, but they sure do make a barn humid, too! The goats, dog, and chickens are real troopers, though. I'm ever so thankful for my warm and not-humid house! After coming back inside, I consulted with David about Solomon staying home. He said he thought Shiphrah had a rough night, too, and that maybe just he and Samuel should go to church today. So, I picked out clothes for my men and ironed.
Following all that, I said to Solomon, "Wanna go back to bed and cuddle?" To which he said, "Sneeze! Sneeze! Sneeze! Sneeze!.... SuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuurrre!" Very cute. So, we headed back under the covers. Not long after that, Daddy & Samuel came to give us Good Bye hugs and kisses, and I realized that I had picked out one of Solomon's sweaters for Samuel! He didn't look entirely happy about it, but wasn't complaining! I got up and got him changed into the right sweater, packed drinks and pop-tarts (the breakfast of champions!), and hugged and kissed them out the door.
Solomon and I went back to bed for a while, and then when Shiphrah woke up, Solomon decided it was time for The Fox and The Hound. Eventually we got our own showers and I wound up napping even more! I don't know how it is that I can spend so many hours in bed on a Sunday, but evidently I needed it.
My mom spent the day cooking something or other in my kitchen, and I cleaned up after her a few times when she'd break to grade papers. Samuel, after arriving home, made a raft outside. I think if we could get it (scraps of wood) to hold together, it would be a most enjoyable raft for a frog...
I've managed to take a few more naps since then! The kids have played and watched movies. David has played in the library some and helped me with my evening chores. It's about time to settle in for a bedtime story and head back to bed again.
All in all, pretty ho-hum, but that's been our day.
1 comment:
So glad you were able to rest!!!
Post a Comment