Samuel turns 6 on Sunday. We thought we'd have a little celebration today. It is the second of the Samuel-fest, and there promises to be at least one more when we can get together with more family.
So today we had a dinner of pork roast, carrots, and macaroni and cheese--some of his favorites. We also had cake, ice cream, and opened a few presents. Samuel and Daddy are having one of their famous lightsaber fights at the moment. (Samuel recieved one of those nifty build your own lightsaber kits.) Shiphrah has proclaimed that she is Princess Leia (sp?) and that that makes me Queen Amidala. Time to work on a strange hair-do, I suppose...
Also of note today are the kiddos' music lessons. Samuel got the next couple of lines to Perpetual Motion, which means he knows all the fingering and when he gets that all down pat, he can go on to the second part of it, which is like the first part, but each note is played twice in the same amount of time. Looks like fun! Shiphrah actually passed her "Strawberry Strawberry" and her "Ice Cream Cone" Twinkle variations. Next week we won't have lessons because our instructor is touring the state with his advanced students. The following week, we'll be striving for Shiphrah to pass her "Mississippi Hot Dog" and plain ol' "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" variations. I forgot to bring my violin today (exhausted and just happy to get out the door with out forgetting anybody!) which is a bummer because it really needs tuning and I don't know how to do that!
That's about it here. The kids are finally over their stomach bugs and our house no longer smells like a Port-A-John! The goats are well, but we have not had any goat babies yet! I can't imagine that Jill will have uddered up 7 weeks in advance, but that is looking to be the case. Not normal, but maybe that means she'll have a ton of milk!
I can tell that I'm solidly in the 3rd trimester as Shiloh takes more of my breath, room, energy, and puts a beating on my ribs! If she's not a dancer, she'll probably be a kickboxer. I eagerly look forward to May when I can give her an eviction notice!
No comments:
Post a Comment