Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lazy Day

Today has been one of those days when I've just felt like laying around on the hammock. After a pretty productive weekend and first couple of days this week, I felt a bit guilty, and wanted to keep up the momentum--there is so much to be done! David chuckled at me, though, when I told him I was just...so...tired today. He said, "I wonder why?" He reminded me of all I accomplished yesterday, and while I worked nonstop, it still feels like I accomplished so little. Perhaps that's in comparison to all I wanted to do... Anyhow, I suppose I'll stop feeling guilty.

Yesterday, David, Samuel, and Shiphrah went to see the pond across the street in the evening. Shiphrah decided she wanted to be like Laura Ingalls and go in the water! Crazy child! She came back covered in muddy water up to her waist! David reported that Samuel is a very doting, protective, and caring big brother. He was a little taken aback, it seemed, about how much Samuel watched over her and helped her. Good stuff.

Last night, we enjoyed the fantastic weather and had our dinner by candlelight on the front deck. We sure enjoyed it! It's too early for bugs, the weather was nice, and the candles are always so much fun!

Today, I was asleep when both David and my mom returned from work. Solomon was napping with me, and Samuel and Shiphrah were out playing in the yard with our trusty Cinderella watching over them. (I love that dog!) I woke up to see David bushhogging our hill, my mom pulling chicken nuggets out of the oven, and Samuel and Shiphrah building a swing! I must say it was a pretty fantastic swing and quite ingenious for children of such a young age!

David mowed until the tractor was nearly out of fuel and when he returned to the house he declared that we most definitely need to put animals on the hill! I know it is a bear and impossible to get all of it without a mower deck that has wings. One of these days... always so many projects to complete on a farm!

I never made it to the hammock. I wasn't quite feeling up to a tumbly time between the kiddos who like to crawl on next to (and over) me and the goats who like to scratch themselves under me and tossing the hammock like a boat in a storm. Another lazy day will come.

No comments: