"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." I first heard that quote when I was dancing and had yet to know what it feels like to not be thin. But having sat on the other side of the fence, I can now say that this is true. Especially bad chocolates that taste like they have a lot of wax or something in them. Not worth it.
"Waste or waist." This is another one of those things that people tell themselves when losing weight. Since I am the sort of person that hates waste, I had a *really* tough time not finishing the food that my kids didn't eat. I've discovered that their dinner (that I watch them eat while I'm enjoying my wine) can be packed up and eaten for lunch, or if I want to please the dogs and chickens, I can give it to them. It isn't waste to give it to the dogs and they will love me more for it. You know what they say about the way to a man's heart being through his stomach? It's also true for canines. If you've got chickens, the entertainment value of tossing food out the back door and watching those little feathered piggies come running and clucking with delight is also truely worth it. What if you have food from after a meal that is uneaten, and you don't want to waste it, don't want to give it to your dog, and don't have chickens? I'll gladly take it off your hands and feed my chickens with it. Just keep it refrigerated until you bring it to me, okay? I don't want to smell like the old pig farmer that used to live across the street.
Somewhere not long after the weight starts dropping off and it becomes a pattern, you can tell that your body is working differently. Pulling energy from fat as opposed to putting energy into fat feels different, and it feels really good. Addictive, even. Moreso than waxy chocolate, for sure.
"Mama's eating sticks and leaves again." I had to ban this sort of comment from my house. No making fun of my salads when you get to eat the cheesy lasagna or that
A husband that isn't sure that he's so supportive of this weight loss adventure can be easily won over. First, by insuring that he doesn't feel deprived just because you do. Second (and this comes after a bit of success) because you feel more comfortable in your skin after there's some room in it. And because this is a G rated blog, I'll not say any more about that. ;)
Clothes shopping becomes fun again. Even wearing pantyhose and high heels can be fun again. I never imagined it could be true--I thought I had just outgrown that stuff age-wise. I didn't realize that I had really outgrown it size-wise. Feeling attractive (not just hearing your husband say it and not believing it because you don't feel it, but really feeling it and being able to enjoy when your husband compliments you because it *feels* true) is really great!
I can't think of any more at the moment, but I'm sure there's plenty that can be added. Right now, little kids need to do an online history class, so I'll stop there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment