Thursday, July 29, 2010

School Starts Next Week!

It is a busy time around here preparing for the new school year.  Solomon will begin violin lessons, so we got him his first violin, and Samuel got the next size up violin just the other day.   They're both very excited!
Shiphrah will be in charge of making bread for the family.  She is learning measuring, fractions, following directions...  Here is her first loaf:

We need to go buy a truckload of crayons, get some posters laminated (our hallway will become the homeschool poster wall, instead of the family photo wall!), and finalize our schedule.

This weekend, we will be attending the School of the Nashville Ballet's open house and will probably sign Shiphrah up for lessons this semester.  She has become much more diligent and accepting of correction in her piano practice, so we think she is ready.  I'd love to take an adult beginning class if one is offered on the same day, but I'm not holding my breath.  :)  Would be great exercise, though!

The wood to complete our chicken coop was supposed to be done yesterday, but it is not... which puts me behind schedule.  We will be putting the bucklings in there to begin with so that I can prepare the does for breeding without them causing trouble!  I still need to sand the bathroom so it can be painted also.  I will probably not get to shaving the goats again for linear appraisals...  maybe just feet, tails, and udders.  Our appraisal date is August 14th, and I'm really looking forward to that!

Well, much to be done, and it doesn't get accomplished while I'm sitting here! 

No comments: